Thursday, October 22, 2009

To ebook or not to ebook, that is the question.


The great debate about ebooks is not new, it's like the march of technology versus the weight of tradition and of habits. Who will win this hand-to-hand combat ? Will it finish like a death struggle ?












Obviously i'm a ardent upholder of the book maybe because of my literary studies. I strongly believe that the interest of reading lies in the support. The book, as an object, contributes to build the sensation of pleasure that we have while reading. It is so pleasant to turn pages and to smell the book (yes, I know it's so cliché) .

Nevertheless, we cannot fight too long against progress and ebook will make a breakthrough. Of course there are advantages with ebook like size, weight and so on. Because i'm not very keen on ebooks it was fun when my english teacher ask me for one of his exercice : "Which e-book will you choose? (model, type, features) Why?".

To answer to that question, I can say that I'll choose the Sony Reader -you can see the picture at the top of the article- but also in this video :



You can also look at these funny series (this is part one) :




0 comments:

Post a Comment